Foster Gallery Mission
The Foster Gallery at Noble and Greenough School showcases the work of emerging and established regional artists, providing a forum within the community for viewing, discussing and reflecting upon art. With the mission of the gallery twofold—a first-class exhibition space for a full spectrum of media, and a teaching space for the exchange of ideas about art—exhibitions are designed to enhance the visual arts curriculum while also reaching out to the larger arts community along the Boston-Providence corridor. The gallery hosts six to seven shows a year, all open to the public and without charge.
Visit Nobles for more information about the arts and academic programs at Noble and Greenough School.
The Foster Gallery accepts exhibition proposals on an ongoing basis. Selection is based on the demonstrated quality, originality and depth of work and the proposal’s compatibility with the Gallery’s mission statement. All artists will be considered for both group and solo shows. Please allow four weeks for review.
Please include the following materials as part of your submission:
- Curriculum vitae including all current contact information
- Artist’s statement
- Support materials (i.e. 10 slides with a slide list, video or DVD and/or URLs for internet-based works)
- If you are submitting work via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, please review the following guidelines:
- “Artist Submission” and artist’s name should be in the subject line
- Eight to ten numbered images, .jpg only, presented chronologically (i.e. 01title.jpg, 02title.jpg)
- Individual images should not exceed 300KB and the total email size should not exceed 5MB
- If sending a video file, ensure that it can be opened with one of the following: QuickTime or MS MediaMaker
Please include the following attached document files:
- Curriculum vitae, including all current contact information
- Artist’s statement
- An image list that provides titles, dates, media and dimensions of each work, numbered in a way that provides easy cross-reference to the attached images
- Links to websites may be sent in lieu of the above, provided the site(s) contain all the required information.
In the event the proposed artworks have not yet been produced, please provide a detailed description of the intent in addition to support material featuring past work.
The Foster Gallery is not responsible for lost or damaged submissions. Please do not submit original slides, artwork or master tapes and DVDs. Please label and cue all tapes. If you would like your support material returned, please include a self-addressed envelope with the required postage.
NOTE: many helpful resources for artists, especially pertaining to slide labeling and production of curriculum vitae, are available on the College Art Association website.
The Foster Gallery is not responsible for any content linked or referred to from this website. The use of published postal addresses, telephone or fax numbers, website addresses, and e-mail addresses for marketing purposes is prohibited.